Wednesday, January 12, 2011

happy birthday, daddOo!

Yes, today is my daddy's day of birth, so I want to give props to him! He is 67 today and as fabulous as ever. I swear, Filipinos...as we get older, we get crazier, but in a good way.

It was tough growing up with a traditional, older, Filipino father. Plus, my dad had 3 other kids from a previous marriage. Their mom kept them from my dad for so long, so really he didn't know how to be a good dad all those years. He was tough on my sister and I, always stressing the importance on school, education, being a good girl...so we could grow up and be independent and successful, not having to depend on a man to take care of us. We could do it ourselves (okay so maybe momma had a say in that, too). But yes, it was tough. We couldn't do a lot of things that other kids our age were doing. We would cry allll the time because he was sooo hard on us when it came to homework. He didn't show us the affection that we wanted...looking back on it, I just don't think he knew how.

Years have passed. We've grown up. We've finished school. We have great jobs. We have our own homes. We have meaningful relationships and great men in our lives. And now daddy is finally loosening up. He's truly enjoying life and time spent with his family. And I couldn't be happier. This was the man I've been waiting to see all my life. Thank goodness he's brought him out now.



Love you, daddy! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment